What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes seedling repotting?

NemJones

I Am the Terror Of the Night!
About two weeks ago, I upgraded my lowland tank to larger T5H0 lights
As the King tiger was beginning to demand a larger terrarium and better light.
The Attenboroughii seedlings have taken a liking to the environment too, and they
Are already growing larger. However, this poses a question because they live in a single pot.

Should I repot these into different pots? If not when?
They are starting to reach a considerable size, I dont want
One crowding out the other. They are just a little over a quarter size now.

The pot is 2inx2in, about 4-5 inches deep.
QKBeslB.jpg

Last edited:
You've moved your attenboroughii seedlings into lowland conditions? Why?!

Should I repot these into different pots? If not when?

The reason to separate them now is that their roots will become intertwined making it difficult to separate the fragile roots from each plant in the future.

I would suggest moving them to proper highland conditions ASAP.

withdrawn

Last edited:
It has been documented of attens growing in intermediate/lowland conditions, but that may have been a fluke plant....

IMO, they are tough little ***** and 90% of my atten plants are grown at intermediate or constant 22c.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ive noticed my atten likes higher temps aswell as long as the night is cool it doesnt mind day temps in 90s..very strong little buggers! Yrs look very nice and healthy!

You've moved your attenboroughii seedlings into lowland conditions? Why?!

The reason to separate them now is that their roots will become intertwined making it difficult to separate the fragile roots from each plant in the future.

I would suggest moving them to proper highland conditions ASAP.

Nearly jumped out of my skin when I hear everybody talking about highland :ohno:

I bought these nearly year and a half ago from a man in the springs, he said that they do fine in intermediate temps..
So thats where I put them.

From the general consensus (that I got) of others here who grow attenb. also said that theirs
are also in intermediate temps.. Should I change them now? Mine have never had a problem before with it,
and the LL chamber now is slightly cooler than the old one. A pitcher is inflating right now, almost like
they didnt even notice a change.

Last edited:
That was new to me but it's good to know Atts are that hardy :)

Back