What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Ampullaria Pitcher Discoloration

My nepenthes ampullaria pitchers seem to have some sort of discoloration issue. On all of the pitchers but one it looks almost as if something had chewed on it removing a layer of cells, it's hard to describe. I don't know if its physical ( if something actually ate the pitchers) or chemical ( pigments breaking down or something). The only thing I know for sure is that it's not because of age because it affected new pitchers as well. This appeared overnight, and the only thing that changed is that 2 days before I added mosquito bits to the surface of the soil to kill fungus gnat larvae, although this should not affect the pitchers ( not sure about this). Any ideas or suggestions?

I had a terrible day today and coming home and seeing my amp pitchers messed up made it even worst. If the issue isn't fixed soon I'll probably get rid of the plant. Although its growing really well more problems keep on coming up, one after another.

Here are some pics to help. Picture quality isn't the best since I took them with my IPod Touch, but that's all I have for now.

Back