What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. truncata questions

Hi there guys!
I'm gonna buy a small N. truncata in two weeks and I want to have everything ready for it.
I live in Argentina. Winter is 10c - 18c (sometimes it can get to 0c but thats rare) and summer is 15c-35c.
My idea is to have it outdoors, under indirect sunlight. But I'm having second thoughts because humidity outside can be as low as 45%. Can you tell me your N. truncata conditions?

Thank you in advance!

It should grow fine, N. truncata isn't picky about humidity. It may not grow as fast, or produce pitchers with lower temperatures and humidity. 10° is right on the edge for intermediate-lowlanders, and it will need to be brought inside if temperatures fall anywhere near freezing. Sounds good, though. You may want to monitor humidity and moisture levels since it's a small plant, however.

Ok, sounds great! Thanks for the advice
Any more tips?

Aren't there highland truncata too? If so I'd think that I'd feel safe with truncata at 10° as well. I'd say put it by a tree and let it climb, if it gets too cold cover it with a tarp

Back