What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What problem with my N. campanulata? Please help

Anyone has an idea what's going wrong with my N. campanulata? The new leaves turn yellow and brown. What should I do?

In the same environment next to it is my N.x Gentle cutting (below). It looks healthy and active growing.

Thanks in advance.

1) How long have you had it? and 2) what are the temperatures in the growing space? (lows and highs)

Black tips on sphagnum. Maybe issue with salts accumulating

The yellow looks like it may be cold damage, and the brown might be too bright light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say too close to the light, browning sphagnum tips usually means they got burnt

Thank you folks.

It was kept outside in summer with partial shade and moved back indoor (~72F) in Sept when temperature started to come down. Indoor, it is kept in a plastic storage box (with some holes for ventilation) with 12/12h light from a 100W fluorescent bulb (1.5-2 ft above indirect). The brown/yellow leaves come a while after move in.

I will try reducing light. Hope it becomes better.

kulamauiman, for salt accumulation problem, do you recommend to change the medium immediately? or rinse the medium thoroughly with rainwater/RO water?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Do you not know what the day-to-night temperatures are in its "chamber"?

Sorry, I don't know. At night, it should be around 72F (room temperature). In daytime with light on, it should be up to 80F or above.

Back