What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rusty/ashen spots on dying leaf?

Hello everyone,
I was just wondering if these spots are normal on dying leaves? The leaves at the bottom of the stem have died, and this one is developing spots rather than just turning brown. The stem is also starting to brown, but i think that is just the stem turning woody. This plant is very large, 4 plus feet tall, and actively growing. I think it has some truncata in it, but im not sure. The pitchers are between 5-7 in. long and it is actively pitchering. Are ashen spots like this normal on leaves that are dying? Thank you!!

Dropbox - DSC01183.JPG

Last edited:
Flora,
This is normal leaf senescence, yes. Nothing to worry about. Just clip off any dead or unsightly necrotic areas as you see fit. Remove the whole leaf once there's too little green left to bother with.
And yes - the canes turn very woody as they get older, either grey or brown and dry looking as they age. This too is normal.

That is a huge relief! Thank you very much. This is one of the plant i think i got from you. :)

Back