What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brown spots on Nepenthes Ampullaria Pitchers

Hey all. Recently I noticed one of my nepenthes ampullaria pitchers had some brown spots on it. I didn't think much of it (I assumed maybe it was the way that pitcher developed) until I took a closer look at the pitchers of the basals and saw that one of them also has the same brown spots. It has been growing in the same exact conditions for the past months and nothing developed until now. I don't know the exactly conditions it's been growing in since it has been doing so well I haven't bothered controlling anything. If I had to guess it's probably around 85f day 70 night with around 90% humidity in an enclosed terrarium with no fans. I might try to increase ventilation, and I've already sprayed with propiconazole. Has anyone had this happen, and what did you do to solve it? Thanks

Picks would help, but if you can't provide them, can you describe the spots with more description?

ba23b912748257ae9dab1877c220948a.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

d6443238ef4e1c5e7045de06f8ba537a.jpg

Pics are a little blurry, but looks like a combination of old pitcher and either tannin stains from the moss or sooty mold. Clearer image would help.

Will try to get a better pic. Tried washing it off but the stains still remained. [MENTION=8512]Whimgrinder[/MENTION] any advice?

Back