What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wilty leaf

The newest leaf on one of my nepenthes is quite wilty and is nowhere near the size of the previous leaf. I did just acquire this plant a few weeks ago. Its out my rumpus room with the rest of my nepenthes, im not sure about the temperature and humidity, they get automatically misted in the middle of the day. Im not sure if its humidity, should i put a plastic bag over it?
IMGP0531_zps87oyjfxo.jpg
[/URL]
IMGP0533_zpsvyipodlq.jpg
[/URL]
IMGP0532_zpsupnotqzc.jpg
[/URL]

How long ago did the leaf open?
It looks like it's still growing, so give it a few days/weeks for it to straighten it out

It looks very thin compared to the other most recent leaf. Is this the first leaf of it to open in your care?

It did just open umm like quite a few days ago maybe a week and yeah it is the first leaf to open in my care, i also thought it was pretty thin and small compared to the other leaves.

I would first determine if your misting system is actually wetting the media sufficiently. Sometimes a light mist may not penetrate very far into the root zone, and so you can actually get dehydration.

If you find that not to be the case, and since you recently added the plant to your collection, it may be acclimating. Sometimes if the previous environment was more humid, the plant will have to adjust. I wouldn't recommend giving it a plastic greenhouse in this case--better to allow the plant to tough it out and adapt.

yeah its getting enough water, so i think it might just be acclimatizing. I think it should be alright but thanks everyone.

Back