What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you help me identifying my Nep ?

Hi guys,

I am the happy owner of an unlabelled nepenthes, bought in mid-november, I found it in some shop where the vendor didn't even know that this type of plant was called a Nepenthes. I've been very curious since then to know which specie it is, and I waited for it to fully grow a pitcher.

Here are several pic of it, some with my hand to give you an idea of the size.

Thanks for helping me : )

Looks like 'Rebecca Soper' and a happy one at that

Oh yes I just checked and it looks exactly like that ! Thank you so much : )

Yes it started to pitcher really fast after I bought it, faster than my ventrata actually. And it's growing 3 other pitchers at the moment, I think it's a very easy specie. I really love the pitchers color !

Nice bonsai in the background there. How old is it?

Thank you ! It's a ten years elm : ) I've had trouble to make it keep its leafs ...

I have the same problem with my ficus, but I've only had him for two months.

Maybe you should go and ask for advice in a specialized store. It may be caused by different things : need for repoting, wrong lighting, not enough or too much watering ... Bonsais are tricky because the different species have different needs, and I think that the best thing to do is asking to a professionnal : )

Thanks for the tip.

Back