What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long do your maxima's pitcher last?

DragonsEye

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite!

Just curious. I'm really surprised by how long mine have lasted. The last of this past late summer/early fall pitchers is just now finally starting to brown out. Considering my winter RH has been around 15%, I'm quite impressed.

Mine hasn't formed any new pitchers since last year which was of no surprise to me considering it had to deal with our meager winter sun (no supplemental lighting) and almost nonexistent RH. But it does have a lot of tendrils which look as though they are just waiting for conditions to improve before they spring into action.

I have a poi dog with some pitchers that I swear started browning more than a year ago and are still hanging on, despite several environmental changes that killed all the pitchers on my 'Miranda' in a matter of weeks.

The pitchers on my wavy leaf last about 6-8 months and the ones on my miniature max last about 4-6...

Around 6 months I'd say, but I don't really keep track. They're definitely very long lasting, that's for sure.

How long they last can be dependent on feeding, humidity, the plant's health etc. of course, but all the maxima I have seem to have a tendency to last at least 3-5 months.

Back