What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Rajah/Rajah hybrids

No worries, glad I could help.
Yeah, I used the strainer pot idea due to it having a large root mass and there isn't any net pot big enough for it

Not much to look at right now, but still. . .

N. rajah x jacquelineae.

Ah, sweet! Have you germinated them yourself? I hope they turn out somewhat like the EPs cross between Truncata and Jacq. Kind of keeping both the parent species intact, and not as weirdly brutal as an N. eymae x jacq.

Z

I did not germinate them. These are seedlings from Jeremiah.

Yeah, Borneo (Rob) posted some teasers about the robcantleyi cross a couple of years ago. Too bad they didn't germinate, I imagine it would've been quite weird but still pretty cool plant. I'm getting my first robcaintleyi in the next couple of weeks; guess that's a future cross-project as well, haha.

Z

Actually they did germinate. I actually came across the old proboards last year that Rob himself started. I messaged him on facebook, he or someone who works for him replied. This is the exact reply from June 20, 2016.
"We germinated but very few in the lab. It was a successful cross, but with very low viability. I just checked and there are currently three jars in the lab. That means probably earliest towards the end of next year unfortunately before it's available."

Actually they did germinate. I actually came across the old proboards last year that Rob himself started. I messaged him on facebook, he or someone who works for him replied. This is the exact reply from June 20, 2016.
"We germinated but very few in the lab. It was a successful cross, but with very low viability. I just checked and there are currently three jars in the lab. That means probably earliest towards the end of next year unfortunately before it's available."

Interesting! :0o: Well, better keep our eyes peeled then, I could go for that cross!

You and me both, my grow chamber cant support the lows that Rajah needs but it can their hybrids.

Back