What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh no....mold on my stems!?!

So I bought a Nepenthes ventricosa at a local home improvement store awhile back. I saw some grey-ish /black-ish spots on one stem and didn't really think anything of it. Well I've had it hanging indoors in a window, and when I looked this morning, it appeared that there were similar spots on a couple other stems!
And I cannot seem to post a pic!

To post a picture you need to first upload it to an image hosting site (imgur, Flickr, photobucket, etc.) and then use the img tag in the post editor.

So should I try to clean it off of the stems, or is it better to cut off infected pitchers? ( one small pitcher had the stuff on it when I got it)

You need to learn to post photos, otherwise we are working blind. It's difficult to advise on something whose identity you can't be sure of.

Yes we definitely need a picture to be able to give proper advice. Based on your description it could just as easily be nectar glands on the plant as mold.

You can even post pictures to facebook and copy the image URL from there.

Nimbulan already covered this, but to post a photo. Go to a photo hosting website, like photobucket or Flickr you will have to make an account. Upload the image to the site, go to your library/gallery and copy and past the link marked IMG.

Yes, pictures are needed as others have stated. In the meantime though, do the spots look like this?

9Aq3aiVl.jpg

Or more like this?

9y3ExWhl.jpg

Last edited:
I would have to say, more like the top pic. Fortunately, i haven't seen any spots on the leaves of my plant.

Back