What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Friday is the time of year to add new plants to the collection. I was lucky enough to get a few good deals this year.

N. talangensis x maxima

The N. talangensis x robcantleyi came in at a nice, large size.

N. glandulifera x robcantleyi has been steadily getting larger in the months I've had it now. To anyone that also grows these two robcantleyi hybrids what can be expected as they mature?

A nice new N. ventricosa pitcher that formed while I was traveling.

Finally, the D. finlaysoniana from the seeds Shadowtski was giving away a few months ago. Its an easy and fast growing species. I'm betting that as more people get their hands on this species it'll become a popular species for beginners like d. capensis.

Some nice Black Friday grabs you got there!

N. glandulifera x robcantleyi looks like it is going to be monstrous and awesome.

I don't grow that cross but I do grow and have grown a number of N. glandulifera hybrids and robcantlyi hybrids, and I can almost guarantee that that cross will probably be very vigorous and will most likely grow to be very large and unsightly with big sticky pitchers covered in hair and lots of nectar and grotesque proportions. Keep us updated!!

N. glandulifera x robcantleyi looks like it is going to be monstrous and awesome.

I don't grow that cross but I do grow and have grown a number of N. glandulifera hybrids and robcantlyi hybrids, and I can almost guarantee that that cross will probably be very vigorous and will most likely grow to be very large and unsightly with big sticky pitchers covered in hair and lots of nectar and grotesque proportions. Keep us updated!!

Thanks. I agree. It seems like there has been a large flush of hybrids involving both of these plants within the past few years. From the few pictures I've seen glandurifera seems to be pretty dominant in its crosses. My plant is definitely very hairy on the growth point. It also seems to be a pretty fast grower so far.

Nice plants! I myself got a N. talangensis x robcantleyi a few months ago as well and it has been consistently been putting out larger pitchers for me. Post more pictures of these guys later on I'd like to see how they look once they get larger as well.

One of the nice things about coming back from break is seeing how your plants grow while you're gone.

My N. glandulifera x robcantleyi has put out its largest pitcher yet.

N. talangensis x maxima has adjusted quickly and already produced a pitcher entirely in my care.

N. ramispina x ventricosa is producing some nice, dark pitchers now.

D. finlaysoniana has grown into a thick tangle and the larger plants are starting to flower. Its been 5 months from germination to flowering. Look out for some seed giveaways once the flowers ripen.

Overall everything is looking good for unreliable watering over the past 3 weeks and nibbling by what seems to have been a mouse.

Back