What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to pitchers, I have some concerns!

• Thread starter JKam360
  • Start date
Hey Everybody! I'm new to the forum, so Thanks for having me! Hoping somebody can help me out! I have a little pitcher plant a hybrid of Nepenthes MaximaXFusca. I keep it in a slightly shaded south facing window above my kitchen sink. I'm using sphagnum moss for the media in a 4"in. plastic basket. For the most part it seems to be growing well, but it is not producing pitchers!

It came to me with 3 good sized pitchers on it, fairly relative to the size of the plant. "Bout' 6"inches", 1.5" in. pitchers. I fed it small Superworms (heads removed), and each pitcher I fed turned brown and died shortly after finishing it's respective meal. It has one stunted looking pitcher left! It has grown a few really nice leaves since I got it, but no new pitchers!

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
It might just be adjusting to your conditions. It is normal for pitchers to die off after a plant is moved to a new environment. As long as the new growth looks okay, the plant should be fine. It will take some time before the plant begins to make pitchers again.

How long have you had the plant?

A few months! Update! I looks like it is growing a new pitcher, the tip of the leaf sprig is starting to turn and show formation of a pitcher

Back