What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hamata x Edwardsiana

• Thread starter thelarge
  • Start date
Hi I was wondering if any one has seen or heard of this Nepenthes.I just saw one of these for sale.Does anyone know anything about it?

I'd be willing to bet this is fake. I did a little googling and couldn't find any info of this supposed hybrid other than forum threads with people talking about their dream plants. Not to mention the number of flowering size eddies in cultivation is probably minuscule, so I'd seriously doubt the veracity any hybrid involving edwardsiana at this time (besides the infamous burb x eddie, though there are many who doubt that edwardsiana was involved in this cross too). Where did you see this plant for sale?

Last edited:
Delete

Last edited:
Hi Mike I bought two of them from Germany.Maybe I will have to try to email him to find out more.Iam pretty sure there real coming from him.

Well, I take back what I said! That's a source I'd definitely trust. I wonder how long this cross has been around, I would have thought people would be talking about it. Good luck with them!

Last edited:
They're legit. I've seen pics.

He did respond but he didn't answer any of the questions only that he might have a few more avaliable at the beginning of the season.Mass where did you see the pictures?

He did respond but he didn't answer any of the questions only that he might have a few more avaliable at the beginning of the season.Mass where did you see the pictures?

Facebook. Where the rest of the world happens.

There are at least half a dozen edwardsiana hybrids now in existence (and I think most are coming from Wistuba), including hamata x eddie, spath x eddie, aristo x eddie, etc.

Does anyone have their own pictures of this hybrid?

Last edited:
I too would love to see pictures of this hybrid. I couldn't even find any on Google, as far as I was willing to look, which was part of the reason I was skeptical in the first place.

Yes picture would be great.Might be to new to see much?

There are at least half a dozen edwardsiana hybrids now in existence (and I think most are coming from Wistuba), including hamata x eddie, spath x eddie, aristo x eddie, etc.

These N. edwardsiana crosses were made by a private grower in Germany, but not AW, so far as I know - Wistuba probably put some of these seeds into sterile culture.

(Also, these crosses are definitely legit. Others mothers include N. veitchii, flava, tenuis, and burbidgeae - it'll be interesting to see how the horticultural N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana compare to the MT plant, which some people claim doesn't have any edwardsiana at all.)

Ah, so Germany was the key word I saw...yes, the new burb x eddie should be interesting (and I shall laugh maniacally if it turns out the same as the one we have now), and veitchii x should be fantastic...

i have several edwardsiana hybrids from this german grower.

aristo x ed:
img_1867-2.jpg.e40df1bb92aa8e4.jpg

burb x ed:
img_2012.jpg

That aristo x edwardsiana does look promising. Already has big ridges and a dark color.

Very nice! It will be neat to see how the new burb x eddie will compare to the TC clone.

I found a picture.I can see the teeth.

This should definitely be an interesting hybrid when it matures. Glad to finally see pictures of it!

Well it's nothing like the last picture but I thought I would share anyway.It arrived today.It didn't have any roots but I think that's almost the norm from there.

Back