What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Girl's Got Uppers . . .

• Thread starter BigBella
  • Start date
One of my older female Nepenthes hamata plants is producing its latest batch of upper pitchers. This particular strain maintains a good amount of pitcher coloration. Many other strains have uppers which often remain lime green . . .

Nepenthes hamata 14 March

WOW. The plant is amazing! Is this one of your own strains you TC'ed? What are the conditions this plant is receiving?

Last edited:
Awesome! It's very cool to see a clone that maintains color in the uppers.

Definitely a big plant.Have you flowered it yet?

I don't think I've seen a hamata with color on the uppers before. Very interesting!

Congratulations! I prefer upper with no color though. Impressive that you can grow it on a windowsill.

Congratulations! I prefer upper with no color though. Impressive that you can grow it on a windowsill.

I prefer a bit of color; and that plant has been on a south-facing window since it was tiny; and the vine has reached about 76 cm (about 30") in length . . .

Beautiful pics, BB. I'm in the "enjoy seeing uppers with some color" group. :) Did you start this one from seed?

thatsa something quite nice, David.

+1

very impressive indeed!

That's a nice petunia you've got there!

Gorgeous teeth on that!

Back