What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uppers and Lowers (Photos?)

• Thread starter Acro
  • Start date
Is there a photo gallery anywhere, showing the comparison of upper pitchers and lower pitchers, of commonly kept Neps? You know, something that looks like this:
nepenthes_ventrata_lower_upper.jpg

If there isn't a photo gallery around . . . it should be started on this thread . . . :D

Last edited:
You can find pics of both lower and upper pitchers of most species/crosses in the CP Photo Finder, but I'm fairly certain there's no collected database of such a thing for said purpose.

Might be worthwhile to start a photo thread here for that exact purpose. It certainly would make purchasing decisions for nepenthes easier.

Wikipedia has quite a few (maybe not side by side though).

Books are probably your best bet if you want easy to locate and reliable pictures for pure species, though some species have so much variability that the full range can't really be covered. As for hybrids...even CP Photo Finder doesn't have both uppers and lowers for all of them.

I'm by no means even a Nep novice, but there's an app out on Google play that shows pics of lowers and uppers for species plants. How accurate it is, I revert you to the first sentence.

Last edited:
Oh I remember someone mentioning that app a while back (probably on Facebook.) I wonder how many species it features now.

Yes, "Nepy". It doesn't have an upper and lower of everything, but i find it pretty good. I miss a few features and info but it doesn't ruin the app.

Back