Likes Likes:  21
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: campanulata quasi bonsai project aka "into the crevasse"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronCh View Post
    This has been an inspiration and gave me ideas as to how to go about hanging the mosses on the sides of my terrarium.
    But I did have some questions as to the live moss though. My order for live Moss will come in on Monday. Will they grow successfully in my terrarium? The conditions are 85%-95% humidity constantly (Ultrasonic Humidifier), Highland conditions where Temp is
    22-27C @ day and 9-13.5C at night. I just water my Neps once a week, since the media is quite moist in the terrarium.

Would I have to water the moss every day? And also, I currently have a blue/red grow light which is sitting about 15-18 inched from the pots. I will be replacing that with a T5HO fixture. I am just worried if the light would be too much for the mosses. I run the lights from 6AM to 8:10 PM
    hard to tell without knowing the exact perimeters we are working with. normally, sphagnum can take high lighting conditions--but its usually the heat that gets to them. if it's too hot, the fronds will stress out. however, if you can keep humidity and temps at a constant and favorable level, id expect no problems with growing moss in a vertical fashion. i would give them a initial thorough spray to get them situated, and afterwards, you probably would never have to spray them again.

Quote Originally Posted by vraev View Post
    Thats looking awesome man. What are you doing for lighting again? I would blast it with as much light as possible to make it compact like that in the wild.
    im scared of blasting it with too much light though. overhead lighting is dimmed significantly, but i can see the highest plant bleaching out a bit as a stress response, maybe when it turns solid green, i'll give it a shot again. i have overhead led lighting, and two led spot light projections for the plants in less favorable positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sashoke View Post
    This one of the coolest things I've ever seen, keep it up, I cant wait to see how it looks when everything settles in!
    thanks. I'm getting pitcher production on some of the other plants so will photograph those soon.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An update no nice pictures. Just phone photos. 5 of 7 plants are in process of inflating some pitchers. 2 still remain fussy. Interestingly enough, the one that had no root system is not only recovering, but is trying to produce pitchers! Really pleased with the overall progress.
    campanulata quasi bonsai project aka "into the crevasse"-img_3265-jpgcampanulata quasi bonsai project aka "into the crevasse"-img_3266-jpgcampanulata quasi bonsai project aka "into the crevasse"-img_3268-jpgcampanulata quasi bonsai project aka "into the crevasse"-img_3269-jpgcampanulata quasi bonsai project aka "into the crevasse"-img_3270-jpgcampanulata quasi bonsai project aka "into the crevasse"-img_3271-jpg
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks really nice! Makes me want to give this species a try.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking fantastic!
    Good Growing!
    -Mike Fallen

My Growlist/wishlist: http://highlandtropicals.blogspot.co...-growlist.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanukimo View Post
    It looks really nice! Makes me want to give this species a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikefallen13 View Post
    Looking fantastic!
    Thanks guys!
    +growlist
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's already filling in very nicely. The moss has already made it look much more full.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    day one hundred forty three....

just kidding.
    +growlist
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is gorgeous...

Always happy to see Calvin and Hobbes in any context.
    The worst thing [about being an adult] is when you realize that oreos are just OK
    --Zach Weinersmith

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast