What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Viking x Raff) x Ampullaria

One of my favorites that I'm growing
(Viking x Raff) x Ampullaria......this season, just like hookeriana the pitchers are beginning to get some size to them

Beautiful! I love Neps with short 'n' fat pitchers!
Is it grown outside or a greenhouse?

Very nice pitchers. The red is nice and rich.

These have been growing outside since last sept (2016)...it's a clone from California Carnivores

Last edited:
These have been growing outside since last sept (2016)...it's a clone from California Carnivores
What USDA zone are you in? Do they get a lot of light for that red color? :D

Im in zone 10B Fort Lauderdale, Fl, (subtropical environment). I will bring my plants inside if temps dip into the low 50's. I had to do that 2x this winter. The plants are on a table where they receive filtered bright light out of the south...only certain times of the year does the sun hit the end of the table directly. i just move the plants a little bit back into the shaded area.....All my plants are lowlanders and these conditions suit them just fine...I'm also two miles from the beach so breezes off of the ocean always moderate whatever weather conditions we have going on at the time. My plants are watered with a sprinkler system just like all my orchids.....
Lowlanders really seem to enjoy these conditions....here are my kids

Last edited:
Very nice! I love that amp. I'm in Coral Springs, just about ten miles NW of you. I left mine out all winter too. It was very warm!

Back