What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Success with N. Eymae in Lowland Cond?

• Thread starter abelchuazw
  • Start date
Hey guys,

Just need some advice on the temperatures for N. Eymae, I'm currently in process of ex vitro for my Nepenthes Eymae, it's still a pretty small TC plant. Anyone had any success growing it under lowland conditions?

I can provide for both conditions with my terrarium, but of course, would love to do it on my NE facing windowsill with temps of 26 - 30C day and 24 - 26C Nights. Humidity levels lowest would be around 69% and night humidity levels of around 85 - 90%

Thanks!

You're probably going to need a bit more of a temperature change than that, and eymae will probably need at least intermediate conditions so 75 F (24 C) at night could a bit warm in the long run. Even lowlanders need a decent temp drop; if you can get it another 3-4 C lower at night you'd probably be fine.

Emyae has an intermediate distribution in nature. I agree with hcarlton that you are going need at least a drop to 70-65 for the long term health of your plant. Are those year round temperatures for you? If you have seasons your plant could probably do just fine.

Back