What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signs of light deficiency

• Thread starter aarolar
  • Start date
What signs should I be looking for from my Nepenthes Ventrata that it's lacking light? I have it in a south facing window and I'm concerned it may not be getting enough natural light and I may need to supplement it some.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Not growing pitchers, or thin leaves, instead of stout ones. Hard to not give ventrata not enough light though, it is a tolerant one.

Not growing pitchers, or thin leaves, instead of stout ones. Hard to not give ventrata not enough light though, it is a tolerant one.
Good to hear I really like it where it is so I'd like to try and make it work out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No pitchers developing is generally the first sign, but if the plant is very light-deprived then the tendrils on the leaves will be under-developed - much smaller and shorter than usual and may not even have a visible proto-pitcher tip on them. The plant can also exhibit some strange growth, with leaves growing very upwards rather than perpendicular to the stem.

Back