What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RHH now ronchinii?

mikefallen13

Mr. veitchii
Anybody know anything about this?

Noticed it on CP Photofinder this morning but there's apparently no published literature or species discription to go with the botanical drawing. I know when new Nepenthes species are described there's usually a good bit of talk about it (or more accurately, people arguing about it) but I haven't seen anything as of yet. Possibly it's still to new?

It's definitely quite different than the standard hamata and I'm glad to see taxonomists are finally looking at it.

It's weird that there don't seem to be any description for it. I can't wait to read it when (if?) it comes out.

The paper is still in the works, but for now the name is a nomen nudum for the old "red hairy hamata".

What another suckfest name; but nothing could be quite as clunky as robcantleyiiiiiiiiiii . . .

What another suckfest name; but nothing could be quite as clunky as robcantleyiiiiiiiiiii . . .

I was thinking the same thing, a shame that such a cool plant has such a dreary name.

Last edited:
It's not all bad. Now I will forever connect this plant to pepperoncini.

It's seriously going to be N. ronchinii ? Not sure who Ron Chin is - maybe he is a legend in his own right.

Back