What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes villosa journal

Finally got my hands on a N. villosa, been missing this species ever since I sold my tiny BE clone about a decade ago. This particular plant is a TC clone from a seed grown individual. Currently it's receiving ~78F days and 40F nights. Potted in pure kanuma in a netted pot. Receives weekly coffee!

Not much to look at yet.

June 11, 2017
W2H1UOo.jpg

June 18, 2017
n1HbguW.jpg

A5SnVgz.jpg

Last edited:
Nice plant. So its from a plant other than wistuba or BE?

This plant is from Zach Lindskoog and here's the story:

"So this is a basal I snipped and introduced in tc.

Parent material was a seed grown plant owned by Luca leeser, acquired from Rob Saccalado."

Ive been looking around for the parent plant, but haven't managed to find much yet.

Beautiful plant. Good luck with it. I recently had a large die off with repotting a bunch of plants in kanuma.. so just keep a lookout on the health of the plant.

Update for my tiny villosa. Been adapting to the lower humidity and higher light. Leaves are smaller but waxy and pitchers are coming back in size.

0OWSB5r.jpg

I would also echo something which vraev had mentioned. The species is notoriously touchy about repotting, especially bareroot repotting. I had some seedlings which took nearly a year to show much activity . . .

Well the tiny plant has finally decided to take off. Still just being fertilized with coffee and it’s doing some dramatic leaf jumps now. About the size of a nickel now.

4dac5cv.jpg

Last edited:
This is freaking slow... :p

Is it still in pure kanuma ?

good luck !

I would suggest a couple small pieces of dried bloodworms into each pitcher every week or two.

@MEOWorksCreative - can you give a little detail on the coffee fertilization; grounds or liquid / how much / how often ?

I routinely add coffee grounds to my vegetable garden soil but I haven't heard of using it for fertilizing CP's. I've always been curious as to how to provide nutrients before the plant is able to go out and get them for itself.

That, and I love coffee :gulp:

hope you and your villosa are doing well, would love to see an update!

Back