What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone growing EP "Gothica"? It is a beautiful Nep I never see here.

• Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
I have had a EP "Gothica" for years now.
I got it through Sunbelle years ago.
I never hear anything about the pot plant line of this that was available for a short amount of time.
It would be awesome if any of you collectors out there could throw up a pic or two.

This is mine and I have a rooted cutting or two kicking around check the bay.
PIC

Peace,
Zero

EP had some really cool plants in that pot plant line like red dragon. I wonder what made them decide not to continue it. A line of low cost hybrids that weren't ventratas would have been nice.

Nice plant! One of my oldest plants is a very similar cross, Exotic Lady (N. maxima x talangensis) that was also from the pot plant line so far as I know. In the past EP has said "We know that TC has it's place and yes we do have some concerns when it is used extensively as the chemicals will alter the plants over time in our experience. Whether this ends up being down to genetic level all the time I am not sure but at times it is and cannot be reversed in our experience", which explains their apprehension towards tissue culture

What growing conditions does this hybrid prefer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What growing conditions does this hybrid prefer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It does fine in intermediate. Ive got mine in a warm grow room and i just mist it daily, its turning into a monster. Ive had it for 6 or 7 years now. Neglecting it most of the time till recently.

have yours flower yet?

Back