What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm suffering from dwarf raff syndrome

• Thread starter chibae
  • Start date

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
Hi all. I have a LL tank that houses well a well growing Amp, bellii, belli x aristo, gracilis, truncata and a platy. The one nep that seems to be struggling is a raff. Are they known for being more fussy than the other?

Hi all. I have a LL tank that houses well a well growing Amp, bellii, belli x aristo, gracilis, truncata and a platy. The one nep that seems to be struggling is a raff. Are they known for being more fussy than the other?
For a second there I thought you were suffering for dwarf syndrome [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

No, in fact, rafflesiana is known to be one of the easiest lowland species to grow. Is this plant new to your collection? What are the symptoms it is experiencing, aside from what I infer to be restricted growth?

Did you get the plant recently? It could be adjusting to your conditions.

I'd agree raff should be easy from what I remember. Some plants just react to stress worse than others, shrinking a lot. If its a relatively new plant I'd just wait a few months.

I've had it for almost a year now. Came in a trade along with about 9 other neps, all the rest are happy and growing. It is staying small, pitchers regularly but they stay small as well. Too small.

Most of my SG raffs have been and still are taking forever to get any size to them. Pretty certain this species likes a fair amount of light and the right level of moisture in the soil, something I don't always get to them properly (plus bad soil issues every now and then stunted some of them). Once established and growing they're pretty easy, but they definitely like good soil and light to get there.

Most of my SG raffs have been and still are taking forever to get any size to them. Pretty certain this species likes a fair amount of light and the right level of moisture in the soil, something I don't always get to them properly (plus bad soil issues every now and then stunted some of them). Once established and growing they're pretty easy, but they definitely like good soil and light to get there.

Thank you, I have repotted it and will check to make sure it is not in a "darker spot" in the tank.

Back