What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much airflow do I need for a lowland hybrid setup?

• Thread starter lizaryker
  • Start date
I'm designing a custom setup for my Lady Luck nepenthes and I've got most of it figured out (light, heat, humidity) but I'm not sure how much ventilation I need to build in. It's going to be a fully automated setup with ventilation on the side controlled by a computer. I don't know if I need to put an actual fan on the side or if I can just have a hole that opens and closes. Does anyone else have a custom setup like this? What did you do for ventilation? Thanks guys!

I have a lowland setup that's basically a sealed container next to a window that gets no ventilation, and haven't had any problems yet. I've had it for about a year and the plants have been doing great.

RVlkEdS.jpg

I have a lowland setup that's basically a sealed container next to a window that gets no ventilation, and haven't had any problems yet. I've had it for about a year and the plants have been doing great.

Ok, cool. That's good to hear. What are you keeping the humidity at?

Last edited:
Unless I'm taking a picture, there's always a lid on the container and there aren't any openings so I would say 90-100% humidity.

Back