What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New hamata awesome teeth!

I’ve also heard that hamata isn’t extremely picky about low night temps. I mean they definitely need it...but down to 50? I don’t think that’s needed. I’d try to keep them at your low of 60 if possible and I agree Sumner temps need to come down. But I don’t think it’ll suffer. I keep mine on the warmer side of my tent so it stays about 55-57 at night...instead of 48-52 (didn’t seem to especially like 48 degree nights).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dropping to 50 F is too low for most standard highland Nepenthes; upper 50's is the necessary range for most, low 60's tolerable but better for intermediates. only ultra-highlanders like really cold conditions regularly.

+1 to the above.

Unless you're talking villosa or lamii, I'd say 57-60 would be a good target for night temperature for most HL Nepenthes.

Glad to see you're happy with it :)

I do have ultras. Although I’d like my night temps 52-57...sometimes they are a bit lower. Someone mentioned earlier in the post about getting temps to 50 and I was just saying I don’t think that’s needed with the plants listed and they may even not like temps that low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike a new pitcher is forming and getting hairier by the day im so happy with my plant thank you!

Back