What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tubby Nepenthes?

• Thread starter Escamillo
  • Start date
Does anyone know of any Tubby Nepenthes Hybrids or Pure Species that are rather easy?

I have a probable sibuyanensis x ventricosa that is pretty easy, if a bit slow.
Here is the pitchers it came with

A pitcher off of the basal

I grow it in intermediate conditions with humidity ranging from 30 to 80%. It usually hovers around 60% on the average day however. Look around for sibuyanensis hybrids, most are pretty easy and the pass along their tubby shape.

N. ventricosa, N. ventricosa hybrids, and N. sibuyanensis hybrids are all super tubby. Like Moss said N. ventricosa x sibuyanensis is a real tubmaster (just bought myself one actually!) there is a ventricosa form called "squat" but Ive never found one for sale.

Not the tubbiest, but more so than most: N. Lady Luck is a good looking easy type that is red.
41MnWI61djL.jpg

Nepenthes-Lady-Luck-%E2%80%93-photo-Deroose-Plants.jpg

Last edited:
I think this is my favorite tubby Nepenthes in my collection. N. [viking x amp] x viking

20130824_092516-me.jpg

Oh!
I recently bought this, not as tubby but I'm still excited about it. Photo from previous owner.
Amp x (Spath x Gymnam)
i.php

Both seem to be pretty good growers in my a intermediate climate (low end in winter, high end in summer)

Last edited:
I have N amp x spectabilis. Still very young
2f86f38f17414cdbf933f51857c03103.jpg
616506cc75e79fb1a76cd605c9e25dc1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh!
I recently bought this, not as tubby but I'm still excited about it. Photo from previous owner.
Amp x (Spath x Gymnam)
i.php

Both seem to be pretty good growers in my a intermediate climate (low end in winter, high end in summer)

I'm almost positive I saw that exact plant on sale on facebook a few months ago. Good to see that it made it to a good home. It's by far my favorite hybrid using ampullaria that I've seen so far. Definitely keep us updated on that one.

I think this is my favorite tubby Nepenthes in my collection. N. [viking x amp] x viking

20130824_092516-me.jpg

Oh!
Amp x (Spath x Gymnam)
i.php

That looks beautiful!

I'm almost positive I saw that exact plant on sale on facebook a few months ago. Good to see that it made it to a good home. It's by far my favorite hybrid using ampullaria that I've seen so far. Definitely keep us updated on that one.
You probably did! The one I bought was a cutting, this is the first pitcher as of right now.
04d9ce37dc2f4aba5c546144fdc8592c.jpg
ef2389bec4f2951103f3e37e7530125e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back