What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with temp drop

Hey guys I'm was hoping to get some advice on the highland growers on how they cool their setups at night. I need a smaller compact ac unit or a very efficient swamp but small swamp cooler that i could keep in my grow rack. Window ac isnt an option unfortunately. I wanted to possibly setup a peltier but seeing how the cover of my grow rack is plastic i think id end up destroying the cover in the process. I am at the moment using ice packs and this can get the temps as low as 16 c but I need a more permanent solution thanks for the help!

The simplest I have come up with is a 4" duct fan, 4" flexible duct tubing, ultrasonic humidifier with the output sent through a 2" sump pump hose that intersects the 4" duct. This has worked great for me since the early 2000s.

Needless to say you have to setup somewhere close a window so the fan can suck cold air from the window surface or opened window or output from a window AC in the hottest part of summer, blow it through the tubing where the incoming air is humidified before entering the HL Nepenthes chamber. The only change I made to the setup over all the years was to plug the fan and humidifier into a Zoomed Hygrotherm to automate the day and night time temp drop.

Last edited:
Back