What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

At last, my first true Ventrata pitcher!

• Thread starter MPX_78
  • Start date
After I got a humidifier almost two months ago, my ventrata has opened the first pitcher under my care. One opened before, but it was mostly formed when I bought it back in august. Since it did not form under my care, I don't think it counts. The basil shoot that has formed one as well, but has not opened yet.

kBdmDSll.jpg

ihtH8v8l.jpg

CkUt7c4l.jpg

I'll try to get some photos from my new camera on here- compared to my phone's camera, I think they look amazing!

Last edited:
Congratulations, the first of many pitchers to come. Once one nep grows well you'll find yourself wanting more and more of them.

True. The neps that were browning at the edges are doing much better now that they are in pure sphagnum. I blame the sketchy sphagnum that they were packed into. Interestingly, the peat media at the bottom of their pots is working well for my Vft's. The cutting produced by the first plant is working on opening a new leaf, so I have some hope that it will root. I hope it does, since that plant had some nice pitchers.

Back