What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. villosa again

• Thread starter Firerock
  • Start date
I have got some N. villosa seed and planted then on top of milled sphagnum and white silica sand mix, with 100 percent humidity. there are many way to sprout these I would like to hear from someone who has sprouted these to see if there are any new ways to better increase the chances of there sprouting water, temps duration etc.

Regards :water:

I have got some N. villosa seed and planted then on top of milled sphagnum and white silica sand mix, with 100 percent humidity. there are many way to sprout these I would like to hear from someone who has sprouted these to see if there are any new ways to better increase the chances of there sprouting water, temps duration etc.

Regards :water:

Your choice of compost and environment is a good one; though you have mentioned nothing of your lighting. If it is artificial, I would use a bare minimum of a sixteen hour photoperiod for this species.

Also, be patient. I have had seed take months to germinate . . .

Your choice of compost and environment is a good one; though you have mentioned nothing of your lighting. If it is artificial, I would use a bare minimum of a sixteen hour photoperiod for this species.

Also, be patient. I have had seed take months to germinate . . .

The lighting is two t5 HO, about 12 inches from the lights. I thought about putting a heat pad but the duration was in question temps around 80 degrees also a lot of different views 10hr,8hr around the clock etc.

Regards ???

If you use a heating pad I'd plug it in to the light timer. Just use whatever your normal photoperiod is, the specific length really isn't important.

Back