What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Nepenthes issue

• Thread starter Fresh Hex
  • Start date
I recently got this ventricosa and the only 2 pitchers it had are turning brown. It's under a 45w led panel. 20180202_210038.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's nothing to worry about. Pitchers will die off as they get older, especially after moving into new conditions. Newly purchased plants will usually lose their pitchers in the move from greenhouse to personal conditions. As long as your conditions are good you'll see your plant replace those old pitchers with new ones in a month or two.

That's nothing to worry about. Pitchers will die off as they get older, especially after moving into new conditions. Newly purchased plants will usually lose their pitchers in the move from greenhouse to personal conditions. As long as your conditions are good you'll see your plant replace those old pitchers with new ones in a month or two.
Thank you. Should I just cut them off?

I would leave it until the pitcher has completely dried up. When it does that you should feel free to cut it off.

Thanks a lot

Back