What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes argentii x armin

• Thread starter Coursair
  • Start date
I just got a N. argentii x armin. It is a seedgrown plant originally from BCPs in EU. It doesn’t have pitchers currently, but looks in decent shape otherwise.
2c181d47dbf08a5d59f2c912e393878c.jpg
77b2dbba46b876f623cd22880ec24467.jpg

Is anyone growing this cross or these species ? ??

Mine is planted in LFS. I used a little premium Orchid mix to fill in. Added a piece of live Sphagnum as well.
It’s in my indoor Greenhouse.

RH runs 75-99%
Temps 76°F days / 67°F nights
Lights T5HO Sunblaster and a 45 watt red/blue LED panel.

I’m looking at setting up an area for my highlanders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one grows N argentii ??

N. argentii has a reputation as being a very picky, ultra-highland species, so very few people successfully grow it. N. armin is newly described and hardly in cultivation if at all (I certainly haven't seen photos anywhere of it).

N. argentii has a reputation as being a very picky, ultra-highland species, so very few people successfully grow it. N. armin is newly described and hardly in cultivation if at all (I certainly haven't seen photos anywhere of it).

I’m hoping the hybrid is going to be easier. So far it’s alive and forming new pitchers in my very basic Greenhouse with intermediate conditions.

Natch Grey says his hybrid was fairly easy to grow.

I’m contemplating having a grower with a better set up, take mine on loan to see if we can propogate it. I’d love to see it available to more people. If we can find out if the hybrid is easier and still shows the diminutive pitchers that argenti is known for.

My argentii x armin tried to die on me. The basal died, it stopped pitchering. It started looking funky and sulked all summer.

It’s pitchering now [emoji3590]
aa39b469e26e58af642a97d5d066656f.jpg

We’ll see if it stabilizes or if it has a pest or fungus ?

I have argentii as well now, but it’s super tiny and I just got it

0ac200a31993e9b5d8efdc517bc87eea.jpg
690cf02814b94aefea63236efb9bb7f3.jpg

Back