What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refridgerated nepenthes cuttings

Would nepenthes distillatoria cuttings still root even after refridgeration for a week?

Did you store the cutting in the refrigerator? If that's the case I wouldn't expect you to get any strikes, its probably dead already. The fridge is too cold to hold most highland species.

I wouldn't give up on them just yet (unless they're mush). If they're already in that condition, why not try to root them anyways? You won't really know unless you try. If they are turning brown/black after just a few days, then they're probably dead. However, unless they are taking up space that you can't afford to give up, then let them be until you're positive that they're dead. Experiment, experiment, experiment, until death.

Did you store the cutting in the refrigerator? If that's the case I wouldn't expect you to get any strikes, its probably dead already. The fridge is too cold to hold most highland species.

Yes I my friend did. Never mind. I'll ask him get fresh ones again.

Back