What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

As you requested, Sarah :-)

• Thread starter DragonsEye
  • Start date

DragonsEye

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite!
Both neps have been growing well. Both still in the rosette stage (which pleases me mightily as I don't have space for vining ones). The plants look quite similar which is not surprising in an of itself, as siblings often due. There are some minor differences, though whether this indicates different pollen parents or simply different genes being inherited & expressed I do not know for sure. (Suspect is likely just the latter scenario.)

Nep copelandii x A:The leaves as well as the pitchers are thinner than its sib. The leaves in particular are about half as wide.

Nepenthes copelandii x A operculum.jpgNepenthes copelandii x A peristome.jpgNepenthes copelandii x A.jpg

Nep copelandii x B: Broader leaves and a bit chubbier pitchers. The glandular crest where the operculum meets the peristome is far more prominent than in A as is the filiform appendage. (Actually in A said appendage is basically nonexistent.) In addition, the spur is far longer on B's pitchers.

Nep copelandii x B operculum underside.jpgNep copelandii x B operculum closeup.jpgNep copelandii x B back view.jpgNep copelandii x B side view 2.jpg

Back