Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions wanted

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefDean View Post
    Which variety is that?
    That's the thing, it isn't a variety, but rather a complex hybrid that happens to remain extremely small thus far (producing its first intermediate pitcher at less than 4 inches in diameter). It's one of a kind until I propagate it, which is why I said I am probably the only person that has a Nepenthes that could live indefinitely in a 4 inch pot. And it might still vine in the future, who knows. Since size is a concern, why not just grow Cephalotus instead? They can grow on windowsills just fine and they don't get huge.

But you know, you could just use a hanging basket or set the pot on a table/stool in front of the window. It's better to overcome this problem before you have a plant rather than after because trust me, once a plant is 6 inches in diameter or more, shipping it is a huge pain, and mature plants are often a pain just to move in general.
    Last edited by PsychoSarah; 10-23-2018 at 04:27 PM.
    Come to me flies and crawling bugs. This plant wants to give you great big hugs
    Aren't I pretty, don't I smell good? I'd come to you if I could
    But I can't so you must come to me, I'm sure we will get along splendidly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSarah View Post
    That's the thing, it isn't a variety, but rather a complex hybrid that happens to remain extremely small thus far (producing its first intermediate pitcher at less than 4 inches in diameter).
    Since size is a concern, why not just grow Cephalotus instead? They can grow on windowsills just fine and they don't get huge.
    Keep us informed on that little Nep, it sounds really neat. And thank you for the Cephalotus suggestion, I didn't even think of them. They're a great idea, thanks.
    Chef
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is just that I make bad decisions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12