What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nepenthes edward

PitcherPlantJunkie

PitcherPlantDruggie
Hey guys, I'm seeing this guy who's selling a 11 inch nepenthes edwardsiana for 999 dollars. Do you guys thaink it's worth it?

No, it definitely isn't worth it.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

If you want a large edwardsiana right now, that's probably about the price they'll be at. But it's not worth it when you can get a smaller plant for much less from a place like Wistuba.

just one mans opinion but buying a nepenthes at full size and not getting to watch it mature is missing out on half the joy. If you just want a large rare plant such as edwardsiana it will definitely be in that price range so it isn't unfair or overpriced. I just ordered one from wistuba in germany and it will be years before approaching the size of the plant you are looking at :lol: okay by me tho

11 inches is large, but probably still has much larger to grow.

For me, it would all depend on the condition the plant is in. And unless the plant is in fantastic condition or has some particularly good traits, I wouldn't pay more than 600 or so.

yeah and of course depends how deep your pockets and how short your patience hah.

the one he was talking about ended up going for 1500 :0o: ouch!

Back