What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hamata hybrid list

I am sure that I am not alone in loving hamata and many of its hybrids. Of course not all of them managed to capture the wonderful traits of both parents but I believe most are worth growing. I am collecting as many as I can and wanted to put together a list of all the crosses that are in cultivation. I know BE is far from the only ones breeding crosses with this species but definitely the frontrunner.

Please if you know of any others let me know and they will be added! I want this list to be as complete as possible!!!

Borneo Exotics

Nepenthes hamata x robcantleyi
Nepenthes hamata x veitchii
Nepenthes ampullaria x hamata
Nepenthes aristolochioides x hamata
Nepenthes burkei x hamata
Nepenthes glabrata x hamata
Nepenthes glandulifera x hamata
Nepenthes (maxima x talangensis) x hamata
Nepenthes mirabilis var. globosa x hamata
Nepenthes petiolata x hamata
Nepenthes robcantleyi x hamata
Nepenthes sibuyanensis x hamata
Nepenthes singalana x hamata
Nepenthes spathulata x hamata
Nepenthes spectabilis x hamata
Nepenthes ventricosa x hamata

Malesiana tropicals

Nepenthes hamata x platychilla

Christian Klein

Nepenthes thorelii x hamata

Native Exotics

Nepenthes hamata x (maxima x vogelii)

Wistuba

Nepenthes hamata x spectabilis
Nepenthes hamata x campanulata
Nepenthes hamata x edwardsiana
Nepenthes undulatifolia x hamata

Jeremiah Harris

Nepenthes red hairy hamata x tentaculata

Exotica Plants

Nepenthes (ventricosa x sibuyanensis) x hamata
Nepenthes hamata x truncata
Nepenthes rafflesiana x hamata
Nepenthes talangensis x hamata
Nepenthes (rafflesiana x ampullaria) x hamata

Paul Barden

Nepenthes hamata x tenuis

Best Carnivorous plants

(aristo x spectabilis) x hamata

Unknown sources/unconfirmed

Nepenthes Rokko clone A x hamata
Nepenthes hamata x (Aristo x Spectabilis)
Nepenthes hamata x Red Hairy Hamata
Nepenthes hamata x nigra
Nepenthes hamata x tentaculata

Last edited:
You can add one more - a cross I made in 2016: N. hamata x tenuis.

You can add one more - a cross I made in 2016: N. hamata x tenuis.

Thank you! Would you mind sharing a photo or two? Hadn't even considered that one but now want it hah :-O

Also, as a side note, is there a platform that you post plant photos and/or videos of your collection at this time? Your collection was wonderful when last I saw here about 5 years ago something tells me it has grown since then!

Thank you! Would you mind sharing a photo or two? Hadn't even considered that one but now want it hah :-O

Also, as a side note, is there a platform that you post plant photos and/or videos of your collection at this time? Your collection was wonderful when last I saw here about 5 years ago something tells me it has grown since then!

I used to have a Wordpress blog about the Nepenthes collection, but I took it off the Web last year when I finally got fed up with a-holes stealing my photos to use on other blogs and Fleabay auctions. I've never met a more "disturbed" demographic than some of the Nepenthes growers: seems mental health issues are almost requisite to be a grower.
As for the Nepenthes, in 2016/17 I sold my Nepenthes collection and assigned the greenhouse to Orchids instead.
I have no photos of the hamata X tenuis hybrid, sorry. I'm not sure if I still have any of those seedlings now or not. I will have to go check.

Last edited:
yuck, even here on TF there have been a few unstable conniving sorts. I'd like to think they don't represent the Nepenthes grow community overall but I do not interact with local growers so hard to speak on it.

I hope your path into orchids has been every bit as rewarding, that's a realm I know little to nothing about. So many plants to grow and so little time to do it :)

There's a handful more that you're missing.

MT- Hamata x Platychilla

Hamata x (Aristo x Spectabilis)

Hamata x RHH

Hamata x Nigra

Hamata x Tentaculata

BE- Glandulifera x Hamata

I have heard of the hamata x platychilla and glandulifera x hamata I spaced on but the others are foreign to me. they are all malesiana tropical creations? Nothing much is coming up in searches. Thanks alot!

Many years ago I grew Rokko clone A x hamata

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back