What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grow Tent Question

• Thread starter zcons
  • Start date
Hey everyone,

For those of you who have grown plants in a grow tent, how have you gone about watering them?

I want a method that does not "spill water" onto the floor of the tent without having to move my plants. I currently am looking at placing trays, but I also want to avoid having my plants sit in water.

Thanks,
Zcons

my prior setup was grow tents and i built tables that fit snugly inside and were made of the synthetic lumber material. i nailed it together, and used silicone to seal it water tight. the table sat on top of a PVC frame to keep it about 2.5 feet off ground and used the plastic egg crate light diffusers from home depot to raise plants up and out of the excess water. can support the egg crate with whatever you choose i used a bunch of red solo cups. obviously depends how big the pots and plants are you will be supporting, maybe bricks would be better for heavier load. just make sure you give the eggcrate enough support. i kept the tables at a slight angle so the water collected towards the front and could siphon it out when levels get too high

best of luck :banana2:

https://www.interstateplastics.com/...MIxqnwqYrQ4AIVk4uzCh3Ikg2ZEAQYAyABEgI0WfD_BwE

https://www.1800ceiling.com/polysty...MI-d20hYvQ4AIVjK_ICh1qLAQFEAQYAyABEgLaavD_BwE

Oh, interesting. I think adding a slight angle to my tables might be a good idea. I am now wondering if I can add some sort of gutter to the end of the table to collect this water and funnel it somewhere.

As for my shelves, I think I will look into some trays/egg crates to raise my plants a little within a tray and may pump out the water every so often? Haha, it will be an experiment for sure.

yup take what info you can gather then tweak it to work best for you :p

I use a tent and trays. If you really wanted to prevent the pots from sitting in any water I'd line the bottom of your trays in plastic grating and maybe put a drain hole and some tubing in each tray to carry water away.

Back