What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem

• Thread starter Purperea
  • Start date
My nepenthes hanging pot dropped from about a meter onto the ground today, it's a small Ventrata which is in about a 3 inch tall pot , anyway digestive juices were spiilt soil off the top was lost and basically now its sitting looking very sad missing about three quarters of a centimeters worth of soil and the plant itself seems a bit tilted, gave it a good spray with water to remove and digestive juices that might have spilt etc. Anyway will my Ventrata be ok,it isnt looking to happy , are they ressiliant to shock? Basically will it survive is what I'm asking .
Thanks

it will most likely survive.

In my experience Nepenthes generally hate getting shocked like that. But in most cases they do survive, especially the larger they are. x ventrata is known for being vigorous and hardy. I would assume that your plant will survive, but may be a bit slow to pitched right after the fall.

Things to check:
Growth point still intact?
Plant hasn't been uprooted?
Main stem not snapped?

If the answer to these are yes, then you should be fine. I have dropped a few plants before and they have been alright aside from one hamata that went into a 2 month shock. Movement in general seems to be ok. Shock can be worse from sudden climate changes.

Back