What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LEDs for Nepenthes

• Thread starter Deleted member 13798
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13798

Which LEDs would you guys recommend to me for my Nepenthes 'Binky' and Ventricosa? Not looking for anything too big, so maybe a spotlight or small strip-light?
It's getting close to winter here, and light levels are dropping so hoping to get some LEDs soon.

I have been using the Finnex Planted+ 24/7 Fully Automated Aquarium LED for 3 years now and love it. Happy, colorful plants, not a single LED has failed. Their are sized from 20" up to 48" which may be larger than you need but these have all of the relevant lengths of light that plants need and thrive on for leaves and flowering.

It depends on how much you want to spend. Some of the smaller led panels are around 30-40 dollars and would give you plenty of light. Personally, I go larger so you have the space and power to expand the number of plants you keep under lights.

I have been using the Finnex Planted+ 24/7 Fully Automated Aquarium LED for 3 years now and love it. Happy, colorful plants, not a single LED has failed. Their are sized from 20" up to 48" which may be larger than you need but these have all of the relevant lengths of light that plants need and thrive on for leaves and flowering.

Sounds great thanks for the info!

It depends on how much you want to spend. Some of the smaller led panels are around 30-40 dollars and would give you plenty of light. Personally, I go larger so you have the space and power to expand the number of plants you keep under lights.

I'm not too sure to be completely honest. That makes perfect sense!

Alright so I've got a good idea of what I want and need, but need some advice. I am growing some Nepenthes Binky and Ventricosa and also starting some Droseras from seed, (Petiolaris Complex) and Drosera Binata seeds. All of these will go under the lights. Could someone give me some advice on what spectrum LEDs (Kelvins, Watts, Lumens etc..) to get. Is a full spectrum LED light advisable?

Back