What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!?

• Thread starter erikpottas
  • Start date
Ive recently noticed the tips of my nepenthes turning dark brown. What does that mean? What can I do to fix it?
56b0aafc781c0734bb843fce5f7eef70.jpg
8edb2505db797a6a20f386373afe5b63.jpg
8285ddab49379e5530b75022a9700ba2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Someone else can add in their thoughts, but my first instinct is crown rot. My second thought is possibly a bacterial infection of some sort.

Are you top watering or bottom? I can see a lot of water sitting on the leaves and that typically isn't a good thing. Place your plants in a tray of some type and they will absorb the water.

What can I do to fix it?

When you say the tips are brown do you mean the tips of the leaves where the tendrils are or the growth point of the plant?

When you say the tips are brown do you mean the tips of the leaves where the tendrils are or the growth point of the plant?

Considering the in lauded photos, I believe the OP is referring to the stem area from which the newest growth is emerging.

How can I fix it?

I have never experienced it personally *crosses fingers AND knocks on wood* so I only remember things I've read previously. Instead of telling you incorrectly I would suggest you Google-fu it or see if someone with better info on here can confidently tell you. When it comes to a CP getting bad info can be deadly and I'd rather avoid that in this case.

Back