Likes Likes:  3
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: nepenthes species wanted+ advice needed

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes05 View Post
    so do you have any recommendations for vendors who are quite cheap, have the rare and less rare stuff and won't require it?
    That's like finding a unicorn

Have you researched to see if there's a carnivorous plant enthusiast club somewhere in-country (and if you're lucky, local?). They'd probably give you the best advice because a lot of the members here are USA-based so we mainly know how to (or not to!) import/export/ship plants around country and which shops to buy things at.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol I'm not so surprised. but is there anybody here willing to try international shipping? or anybody who knows someone like this? if I get an ok from the guys here for growing burbidgeae here with humidifier and protection, and if sangrocks still has it for sale, I'll probably want to buy it because this species is amazing.
    Last edited by nepenthes05; 10-15-2020 at 09:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://israel.desertcart.com/produc...epenthes-alata here is a Nepenthes I found for sale in Isreal. It is out of stock but shop around and see what else you can find. See if thereís anything on eBay that isnít a scam. Also, from what Iíve heard burbidgeae is hard to get to pitcher.
    Last edited by sangrocks101; 10-15-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol I'm not so surprised. but is there anybody here willing to try international shipping? or anybody who knows someone like this? if I get an ok from the guys here for growing burbidgeae here with humidifier and protection, and if sangrocks still has it for sale, I'll probably want to buy it because this species is amazing.
    You can buy from private sellers if you want but permits are non-negotiable for nepenthes. Whether you buy from nurseries or individuals nepenthes are on CITES. Without proper permits your plants can be seized or destroyed by customs if they happen to inspect your package. Whatever you do, you will need to get the requisite documents to import.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks, but I prefer or someone known and reliable or someone who will add the cost of phyto, import permit and shipping costs so I'll see that he's reliable

- - - Updated - - -

but I thought wistuba and such do provide every needed documents and such to import the plants

- - - Updated - - -

it's written there that the plants are imported from the uk
    Last edited by nepenthes05; 10-15-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, because Wistuba works with a network of distributors that have their own import certifications. No such system exists for any other nepenthes nursery. Both the buyer and seller need paperwork for international movement of nepenthes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so if I pre-order something from wistuba's, I won't need to provide any certificates? and if I just push add to cart, I'll get the plant without a need to purchase it again?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so if I pre-order something from wistuba's, I won't need to provide any certificates? and if I just push add to cart, I'll get the plant without a need to purchase it again?
    These are all excellent questions to contact him and ask him yourself because afaik nobody else here is in Israel so they won't know the specifics of importing to your country. It might be worth it if you're eyeing anything Malesiana Tropicals or Borneo Exotics or any of the other bigger nurseries if they've ever imported to Israel either and you might get a better idea of what the paperwork entails. If you're buying from someplace like MT or BE though afaik they have a minimum order amount so if you reach out to them, be prepared to have somewhat of a big shopping list.
    Last edited by thez_yo; 10-15-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast