Likes Likes:  3
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: nepenthes species wanted+ advice needed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes05 View Post
    I know that clipeata won't start climbing. is it still too large for a terrarium? and and when you mean the long term- which species- of which I mentioned- are the slowest growers, and how much time would take for them to be too large for a terrarium?
    can I please have an answer for that? I want to decide which one to buy because I don't know lol

- - - Updated - - -

and will cephalotus be ok with nepenthes too?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, eventually clipeata will get to be a couple feet across. Unless you've got an unusually shaped terrarium horizontal space will run out much quicker than vertical space.

I've never had much luck growing cephs next to my nepenthes. They seem to need more seasonal variation to me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok. thank you. which sizes will you recommend for a terrarium? do you have any more special advice on growing these neps? are there any other nepenthes species I mentioned which will be suitable for that too? and expect for utricularia and drosera, can any more carnivorous and non carnivorous plants grow with nepenthes? and it's not related, but can I grow dendrophylax lindenii with it?

- - - Updated - - -

and will clipeata get too big for it quickly? and which of The other species I mentioned is a slow grower and will be suitable for a terrarium for the longest time?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't recommend terrariums generally because larger ones are usually longer, without becoming much taller or wider. For example, a 90 gallon terrarium is only 18 inches wide and 24 inches tall. Most of the size is length. Almost all neps will grow wider and taller than that within just a few years. A custom enclosure would be much easier to make into something with useful dimensions.
    For other plants I can't give you recommendations. Just look at what conditions you expect to be able to provide and see if they match with the recommended care for that species.
    Clipeata is a slow nep but even that should make most terrariums feel cramps within just a few years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really know what a custom encloser is. can you explain about it? recommend any places to buy it from? recommended sizes? growing styles? etc.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes05 View Post
    I don't really know what a custom encloser is. can you explain about it? recommend any places to buy it from? recommended sizes? growing styles? etc.
    It's just any enclosure that you build yourself. At its most basic you can just drape polyfilm over a shelving rack. Look up indoor growing tents and homemade enclosures to get more specifics.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    which sizes would you recommend for the giants I want? and you mean I can just put it over a shelf? didn't completely understand what you said... sorry

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast