What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silly plant contest

I think I did explained it about a thousend times: The lid protects the pitcher opening from rain diluting the pitcher fluid. To do this the lid has to stand above the opening! - Well, it seems for one of my plants this still wasn't clear after all:

N_inermis_x_ventricosa_pitcher_small.jpg

This is a pitcher of my extraordinary clever N. inermis x ventricosa... So never ever trust a hybrid!

Joachim
wink.gif

I don't have pictures of any, but my ventricosa periodically produces pitchers with similar lids, though the peristome doesn't form on them either, and they die very fast. Something like 1 in 8 or so pitchers usually, and always at times when it the plant is growing the fastest.

Do I trust my own eyes? Is the lid growing INTO the pitcher? Like it was put on upside down? Wow. That may not be very practicle for the plant, but it sure looks cool!

Sure is a "cheeky" little guy.
wow.gif
wink.gif
Kinda cute. Maybe ya aughta explain how the lid is supose to go on one more time
biggrin.gif

Back