What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kinda bored, so i took some pics.

Hey,
I was sitting around putting off doing chores, so I took some pics. First is of my N. maxima x ventricosa:
N.%20maxima%20x%20ventricosa%202.JPG

And here is my N. maxima x albomaringata. I won this in a raffle at the BACPS meeting. It finally has pitchered, and here it is. Seems to have taken the maxima shape and the albo color. No white stripe as is characteristic of the albomaringata.
N.%20maxima%20x%20albomaringata.JPG

Capslock

wow
Very nice plants. Thanks for sharing them with us.
keep up the good work

-Jeremiah-

very nice pictures!
smile.gif

here are a few from me

N_eustachya_080303.jpg

N_phillippinensis_080303.jpg

N_truncata_080303.jpg

N_ventricosa_080303.jpg

Those are some really nice plants. It'll be nice when mine get that big.

I was also booooored this morning so i decided to sit and relax at my carnivorous shed and notice something quite cute. I have two sanguineas on one pot (a mother and a child) and they are lately producing lots of pitchers and I found this cute view:
pitchers38.jpg

The child produced a pitcher lying over the mother's big pitcher. Awwwwwwwww
smile.gif

HEy!!! way to go!! Your plants look great and really healthy!
Mine are a little small but doing good just starting to get the red spects!!!!

Congats!!!

Hey Joel, those N. merrilliana's are really looking good! Wow are happy plants!
wow.gif
wink.gif
Mine are just starting to be much happier in the growchamber next to the bicals.

Hello,
Nice plants and pictures everybody!! Thanks for sharing,
Kevin

Hi mindmaze, I notice you have Nepenthes growing in hanging baskets...could you please give info on growing medium, light, water requirements etc....
I have a Binata which is probably going to out grow my little 4' x 4' nursery in the very new future and a hanging basket would be just the answer.

nep g

The plants that you think are N merrilliana are actually N phillippinensis.
wink.gif
My n merrilliana plants are actually not looking very pretty.
sad.gif
I put them in clay pots to keep the soil from staying too wet, but the soil dried up faster than normal, and it's obvious that the plants didn't like that.
sad.gif
I moved them into 5 gallon plastic pots and they already like those better.

Lauderdale

The medium that I use for all my neps is made of coconut husk chips, sand, peat, LF sphagnum and charcoal. I sometimes interchange chacoal with broken clay peices or lava rock, depending on what I have available at the time. I don't have exact ratios for this mix, but I believe it's something like 2:2:1:1:1. The baskets are lined with either LF sphagnum or coconut fiber to prevent the soil from washing away. I keep my plants in a pegola outside with shadecloth over it which filters out the sun a little, although some of my plants get direct sun for a few hours each day. I water my plants with tap water every day unless it rains. Temperatures in my shadehouse are usually around 85F-75F for most of the year, although once in a while they can get into the low 90s or high 60s. I have a D multifida in a hanging pot that's doing ok with direct sunlight so you shouldn't have a problem with your D binata.

Jœl

Back