What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. tentaculata & n. macrophylla

Hi,

being somewhat bored today i took some new pics of my plants. The first two show a basal offshot of my N. tentaculata form Mt. Kinabalu with a nice pitcher to leaf ratio:

And FYI a pic of the N. macrophylla which consistently gets bigger in size:

Cheers Joachim

Joachim,

Well done! And, your photos are well-composed and download
quickly!

Nice macrophylla!
smile.gif

How big is that pitcher? Mine are only 3 cm high right now and haven't got the developed toothy definition on the peristome yet, just some raised ridges.

Wow, those are some great pics!! The plants seem to be quite happy, and that macrophylla is really wicked looking!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (swords @ Sep. 20 2003,9:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How big is that pitcher?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Hi Josh,

the pitcher is about 6-7cm big. The diameter of this N. macrophylla is about 13cm.

Cheers Joachim

Hmm, it's lifesize as the pic on my screen shows a 7 cm pitcher (I measured it) boy I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

How long have you been growing it? I got mine from Wistuba last December at about 2-2.5 cm in diameter now it's about 6-7 cm in diameter with 2.5 cm pitchers (got it's first pinhead sized crickets tonight).

Hi Josh,

you might try clicking on the pictures, they're links to bigger versions of these pics. I have another one from a different angle which shows the peristome better, but the background isn't looking as good:

The pitcher is still colouring up, the final red colour isn't reached yet. I got this plant about two years ago. At that time it was already much older than your plant is right now (pic from 12/01: http://home.arcor.de/j.danz/N_macrophylla.jpg). I'm growing my plants under higher light levels than you do, so comparing sizes of plants is somewhat difficult.

Cheers Joachim

Back