What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes & cp pricelists

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had happened to save Andreas Wistuba's annual pricelists or has copies of these that they could send / scan & email to me.  I am looking to chart some of the trends in Nepenthes prices over the years since TC has become more prevalent.  I already have the lists for 1999 and 2001 - 2003.  If anyone has lists for other years please contact me in this thread or privately at mrmiller@paonline.com

I would also be interested in any pricelists from CP firms that someone might have a number of years for, especially any older firms (70's and beyond)

Thanks for your help.

Matt

Matt,

you might ask the supplies your self, w/ an e-mail and see how they respond. most of them will send you the current one but might also have back price lists also

Hi George,

Unfortunately Andreas doesn't have his previous years' price lists anymore. I am specifically interested in these lists but if I cannot find more years I will likely be doing as you suggested and trying to find some other businesses that have these records.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt,

There was a thread on the CP listserve a few months ago where someone was talking about their collection of CP pricelists going back many years. You might try posting there. If I hunt enough I might be able to dig out a pricelist from ISRA Exotics, my old Nepenthes company that operated out of Brunei in the mid 1980's.

In general I think you will find that prices of easily propagated species will have fallen hugely since the advent of TC, even if they are rare in the wild, whilst the price of some recently discovered, or difficult to propagate species remain high.

BTW, I'll reply to the questionnaire you sent me when I can. Bit busy at present.

Rob,

just being courious what did ISRA stand for.

George,

I often used to be asked that question and the answer is more boring than you could possibly imagine.  I wanted to call it "Borneo Exotics" but when my Brunei local partner went to register the name, he was told that they wouldn't accept any name beginning with "Borneo" since there were already too many companies in Brunei with the name "Borneo" this and "Borneo" that.  He had to make up a name on the spot and took the first two letters of his name: "Ishak" and the first two letters of his sister's name "Rahim", hence "ISRA"

Ha! Ha!  Bet you wish you had never asked!  
biggrin.gif

I had to wait nearly 20 years and move to Sri Lanka to get to use the name "Borneo Exotics"  
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

lol well at a split of the moment dession to come up w/ a name for the place i guess it was better than nothing on his part but, w/ you being a partner you where no wear in the name. now 20 yrs. thats a long wait. your also right i would of never guessed what it meant with out knowingthe other guy

Back