What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outdoor Plants in Austin, TX

Hello everyone,
I might be relocating to Austin, TX for the summer. At this point, most of my CPs are small and can fit in a small terrarium. I do have one larger CP though, a N. Coccinea. Can this be grown outside, on say a porch, during the Texas summer? Does anyone do this? I would immagine not direct sune and lots of water are a must. I was in Dallas for last summer (before I got my larger CPs) and all I remember about Texas was that it was usually very hot (90-100) and could get humid. I'm not sure exactly what the conditions in Austin are though.

For reference, my Nep. looks just like Dyflam's in the thread entitled "Pics" minus the gorgeous pitchers of course
wink.gif

---Lane

P.S. I also have a Sar. Leuc. I'd like to grow outiside too if anyone has some advice (I realize this isn't the right forume, but I thought people's knowledge might overlap)

Back