What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos

Hi,

Here's some photos, N. clipeata and N. northiana.

clipeata3.jpg

northiana.jpg

Regards,

Christer

Hi Christer,

nice plants! The N. northiana looks happy - something not many growers manage to achive.

Cheers Joachim

Yes, the peristome looks like it is getting there. Very cool pics!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hi,

and thanks. The plant is doing alright, new leaves and pitchers at a steady rate, but it hasn't increased in size for some months now. It is only approx. 20 cm i diameter. It started a basal rosette earlier this spring and it has already started to rival the mother plant. It is over 15 cm in diameter right now, so it looks very promising.

Although it grows well some of the leaves have red spotting and patches that looks like they have been burned.

Regards,

Christer

WOW christerb!
wow.gif
A clipeata!!! Where did you get one of those?
confused.gif
I've been searching for one, I heard they make good lowlanders also
sad.gif
By the way, nice northiana dude
tounge.gif

P.S. If anyone has one, or knows where to get one, or can spaire me a cutting, please PM me. thanx

Thanks Erick,

I got it from A. Wistuba in Germany a couple of years ago.

Regards,

Christer

Christer, what kind of potting medium are you using for the northiana?

Hi DragonGoby,

Sorry for the late answer, I have been away for a couple of days.

Anyways, it's been some years since I potted it and with this species I strayed away from my usual medium (live sphagnum), but if I remember correctly I used one part each of peat moss, quartz sand and perlite. The soil is topped with sphagnum moss. I grow mine in a terrarium with high humidity so the soil doesn't dry out to fast, because the medium is rather open with good drainage.

Regards,

Christer

Back