What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some wishes for the new year.

I don't think you seem snobby or arrogant. I think that some people may construe your technical, and concise ways of puttinig things, to be condescending. I do not find it to be so... The way I see it, its like talking to your doctor, and instead of putting things into Layman's terms, he uses his medical jaron to describe your condition... Nothing wrong done, its just that to some people, it may be offensive, to others, it may be just fine...

I don't have a problem with it. I enjoy reading quality responses like yours...

A thread like this is very helpful. After reading it, I was forced to look to myself about my posting habits. I don't think many of us "new members" are trying to be disrespectful, rather most of us just read the general "flow" of the postings and follow suit. Anyways, consider the following as my New Year resolutions:

1. Always post full name of a plants (i.e. Drosera capensis "typical" - if there is a better way, please let me know).
2. No extraneous posts leading threads off topic.
3. Search the threads before posting a question (I do this already but should be more thorough about it).

Hope this will help
smile.gif

I'd also like to say one of the things that really bugs me is when a member post tons of posts for 1 sentence they wanted to thier reply but forgot to, when they could simply click the EDIT button and add it to thier reply. That adds "clutter" to the topic and could be avoided. Also group pictures together when posting if possible rather than post 1 pic per post. This prolly was a senseless post and I'll get yelled at for it but I thought it went along with cchang's idea so I thought I'd say it.

Back